Another day, another dollar. Back at work on an overcast Monday (an anomaly in LA). Nursing this cold sore which led to an interesting discussion with my students who thought that :
1) I got in a fight.
2) I had a sexually transmitted disease.
Gotta love teenagers. I finally started every class with, "Yes, this is a cold sore on my lip and you get them from stress. This is only the second I've had in my life, so be nice today." Better than the alternative: "What's wrong with your face, Miss?"
The next few techniques of Teach Like a Champion are about restructuring lesson planning. I am an organized, but not structured person is what I've been realizing. And, an important part of creativity is understanding structure, so I have more to chew on.
I plan out activities and try to mix the methods to reach learning styles, with goals in mind from the State Standards, but I am not creating enough of an infrastructure in my teaching such that each lesson builds on the next moving toward mastery. Trying now to find the objective first, activity second. Does this sound like life?
Moral of the day: It's never too late to start again. Just going to act as if I know what the end will be.
No comments:
Post a Comment