Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I like the word implement

Apparently implement is one of my favorite words, glancing over these blogs.

With a few brave followers, I'm going to try to get spunkier with my writing and kill the closet academic. Here's a preview of techniques #3 and #4 to be "implemented" the rest of the week:

#3 STRETCH IT: Rewarding right answers with follow up questions so students get to be even bigger smarty pants and look cool in front of their peers (I don't care what anyone says, even "kids today" respect intelligence and a well spoken person).

#4 FORMAT MATTERS: All ye non English teachers take note--kids need to speak in complete, grammatically correct sentences all day long! Hoorah! Oh, and by the way, if we and/or the class can't hear our students, apparently this matters, gee whiz. A simple, one-word way to get 'em to speak up--use the word VOICE (while motioning to your ear if desperate) instead of taking a survey of the class and delivering a long monologue on the importance of being heard. Hmm....can't hardly wait.

No comments: